an idea, a feeling or an opinion that you get about sb/sth, or that sb/sth gives you
总的 / 整体印象
a general/an overall impression
对某人 / 某事物的印象好 / 不好
to get a good/bad impression of sb/sth
初次 / 持久的印象
an initial/a lasting impression
My first impression of him was favourable.
I did not get the impression that they were unhappy about the situation.
My impression is that there are still a lot of problems.
She gives the impression of being very busy.
Try and smile. You don't want to give people the wrong impression (= that you are not friendly) .
the effect that an experience or a person has on sb/sth
a big impression
His trip to India made a strong impression on him.
You'll have to play better than that if you really want to make an impression (= to make people admire you) .
My words made no impression on her.
a drawing showing what a person looks like or what a place or a building will look like in the future
This is an artist's impression of the new stadium.
amusing copy of sb
an amusing copy of the way a person acts or speaks
He did his impression of Tom Hanks.
an appearance that may be false
Clever lighting creates an impression of space in a room.
a mark that is left when an object is pressed hard into a surface
all the copies of a book that are printed at one time, with few or no changes to the contents since the last time the book was printed
believing, usually wrongly, that sth is true or is happening
I was under the impression that the work had already been completed.
the act of pressing one thing on or into the surface of another
- he watched the impression of the seal on the hot wax
an impressionistic portrayal of a person
- he did a funny impression of a politician
(dentistry) an imprint of the teeth and gums in wax or plaster
- the dentist took an impression for use in preparing an inlay
an outward appearance
- he made a good impression
- I wanted to create an impression of success
- she retained that bold effect in her reproductions of the original painting
a vague idea in which some confidence is placed
- his impression of her was favorable
- what are your feelings about the crisis?
- it strengthened my belief in his sincerity
- I had a feeling that she was lying
a clear and telling mental image
- he described his mental picture of his assailant
- he had no clear picture of himself or his world
- the events left a permanent impression in his mind
近义词: mental picture,picture
all the copies of a work printed at one time
- they ran off an initial printing of 2000 copies
a symbol that is the result of printing or engraving
- he put his stamp on the envelope
a concavity in a surface produced by pressing
- he left the impression of his fingers in the soft mud